It’s that time of year again. Summer is here and both local and cross-country moves are on the rise. In fact, recent studies show that an estimated 47 percent of moves are completed from May through August. As you prepare to move from a home to a condo in Boca Raton, Florida, the time is right for you to save money during your move by downsizing. Whether you are looking to sell all of your items and start fresh or want to simply lighten the load for your trusted condo movers, the following moving tips will help you downsize in stress-free manner.
By baranq at Shutterstock
Make a Moving Checklist
Moving should no longer be a stressful experience. Instead, with a bit of planning and a moving checklist, your home relocation adventure can be as easy as counting to five. As part of the journey from a home to a condo, you might want to spend a little time downsizing. The following downsizing tips will help you to prepare for you upcoming move.
- Make a moving checklist. Your checklist should include “must have” and “want to have” items. Through the latter strategy, you can easily decide what items you no longer need to keep as you prepare to downsize from a home to a condo.
- Decide what items will be sold or donated. From a psychological perspective, it is far easier to get rid of items if you plan on selling or donating them. Be sure to survey all of the items in your garage, attic, and basement. Often times you will discover long-forgotten pieces that are still in great condition.
- Pick a weekend to sell or donate your big items. Don’t let selling or donating your large items become a stressful process. Instead, contact your local charities, including Goodwill and the Salvation Army, to schedule pick-ups. If you are planning on selling your larger items, then you could choose to host a garage/yard sale or turn to Craigslist. Either way, by picking one weekend, you can stay on schedule and create a stress free experience for both you and your buyers.
- Create a 3-D rendering of your new condo. One of the easiest ways to downsize is to work with a 3-D rendering of your new space. The 3-D rendering will help you to accurately envision how your items will fit into their new home. It will also help you better determine what items you want to keep, and which items should be sold or donated.
- Contact residential movers ahead of time. Spring and summer are typically the busiest time of the year for movers in Boca Raton. With this in mind, you should book your residential movers in advance. As part of your booking, your movers will ask you about the number, size, and types of items that you are moving. The right moving company will even offer a moving consultation, which will give you the information that you need to better determine what items should be donated, sold, or placed into moving boxes.
Movers in Boca Raton Know How to Make Your Home Relocation a Stress-Free Experience
The above five tips can help you easily downsize as you work with your trusted condo movers. Since 1941, Joe Bonnie & Son Moving & Storage has been helping individuals like yourself downsize and move to various locations throughout the country. Our services include moving consultations, packing, loading, and safely transporting items to their new destination. Through care, understanding, and over 70 years of moving experience, our team is ready to make your move to Boca Raton as stress-free as possible. We invite you to contact our residential movers at 561-272-2122 to learn more about our moving services.