Licensed and InsuredFirst, it’s important to ensure the long distance moving company you’re interested in is properly licensed and insured. To obtain such information, you’ll need the company’s US DOT numbers, then head to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration website. You can check public records here and determine whether the company in question has been involved in any safety violations. Each licensed mover must follow all safety rules and regulations set by the U.S. Department of Transportation.
Useful TipsWhen performing your own research, there is some valuable information you should obtain first, including:
- How long has the company been in business?
- Are they insured?
- Have they won any awards?
- What do their rates include?
- Are there any particular policies or delivery windows?
- Are they active members of the community?
- Do they perform proper measurements beforehand?
If you’re looking for a long distance moving company with an excellent reputation, contact Joe Bonnie & Son Moving & Storage at (561) 272-2122. We’re happy to explore your current long distance moving needs and create an individualized plan for you!