- Plan for the weather. Florida is known for its moody climate, and it can play a role in the success of your move. Watch for sporadic thunderstorms, blazing summer heat, and other hallmark trades of the state’s tumultuous weather. If you can, plan your move outside of the summer when it’s less likely to be extremely hot and humid.
- Don’t forget about hurricane season. If you’re moving to a coastal town, you’ll need to watch for tropical storms, weather damage, and other factors that could throw your moving schedule into chaos.
- Look into becoming an official state resident. If you are from out of state, you’ll need to obtain a Florida driver license, updated car insurance, and other important documents before officially settling down.
- Consider what traffic will be like. When scheduling when your movers will arrive and how the moving day will go, take traffic patterns into consideration. High numbers of tourists and senior citizens can cause big delays, and if you’re on a tight schedule, that can be problematic.
- You’ll want to hire a company that’s an FMWA Member Mover. This means the company is registered with the state and is actually a trustworthy moving service. FMWA stands for “Florida Professional Movers Association.”
If you’re looking for a reputable moving company that serves the Delray Beach area, as well as the bulk of Florida, contact Joe Bonnie & Son Moving & Storage. They’ll help with your long or short-distance move and ensure that your belongings are treated with the care they deserve. For a moving estimate or more information, call 561-272-2122 today.