You’ve picked out a new home, you’ve marked your moving date on the calendar, and you’ve hired the moving company. Now it’s time to start packing! You don’t want to risk losing anything, so you fret over the minute details. It’s challenging and stressful. People always say moving is one of the most stressful endeavors we may undertake. This doesn’t have to be the case for you! By following these five packing tips, you can make your move stress-free.
- Begin packing immediately once you have a moving date locked down. Even packing a few boxes each weekend will help spread the work out over a prolonged period. You will then avoid the rush of last-minute packing the day before the big move.
- Prepare yourself with a wide assortment of boxes, packing supplies, and tools. If you’re at a loss, most reputable moving companies will offer an assortment of packing supplies.
- Keep a few boxes on the side for items you intend to sell, donate, or give away. By simplifying your life, you can give your family a fresh start in your new home — and make the unpacking process 10 times easier.
- Start with storage areas. Items you haven’t used in a long time and may never need again, should be the first to go.
- The final items you pack should be your everyday kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom supplies. You’ll likely need these things soon after unpacking in your new home.
Diligence is Key
Once moving day arrives, if you’ve remained diligent and thorough in your tasks, you’ll notice fewer boxes to move and unload. You’ll also feel a bit lighter and less cluttered once you arrive to your new house.
You see, packing does not need to be an arduous task. Spread the work out!
If you require packing or moving services, contact Joe Bonnie & Son Moving & Storage by calling 561-272-2122. We’re here to make your move easier. In fact, we’re good at it!