Moving home is always a stress, so knowing the ins and outs of moving an antique such as a grandfather clock can add extra pressure. At Joe Bonnie & Son, we’re professionals; we can assist you with moving the most precious of items to your new home.
Safely Packing and Moving Your Grandfather Clock
1. Be sure to avoid touching the inner components of a grandfather clock with your bare hands, as it can be incredibly damaging. Instead, find a pair of protective gloves to wear to make sure that you protect the delicate components.
2. Open the glass door gently and remove the weights from inside. These are very easy to unhook from the pulleys within the casing. However, bear in mind that it’s important to label the weights in order to remember where they should be placed when you reassemble the grandfather clock. Remember to wrap the weights in bubble wrap to protect them.
3. To avoid breakages in transit, remove any shelving from the inside of the grandfather clock. Wrap each shelf individually in bubble wrap and mark them as fragile so that movers know to handle them with care.
4. The next step is to safely remove the pendulum. Again, like the other parts of the clock, wrap the pendulum securely in bubble wrap.
5. Once you’ve fully disassembled the grandfather clock, wrap the body in a blanket or a moving sheet to protect it. Be sure to tape it securely with packing tape so it doesn’t come loose during the move. When moving the grandfather clock, always keep it standing upright.
Joe Bonnie & Son: Here to Help You
To find out more about how we can help you move your beloved items from point A to point B, get in touch and call us today at 561-272-2122.
“Dear National Van Lines, We would like to commend your movers, Joe and Mike for a job well done moving furniture from Joe Bonnie Movers and Storage in Delray Beach to Washington DC. From our first telephone contact with Joe until the job was completed, they were courteous, competent and careful with our valuable pieces.”
“Thank you. Joe, appreciate very much the quick response, quick turnaround for the two (2) couches moved. You said the truck would be there at 1:00 PM, the truck was there at 1:00 PM. We can't compliment you enough on the crew. DJ, Bobby, and Stephen were prompt, courteous, didn't waste any time, wrapped the couches, lowered the couches, moved the couches, and unloaded the couches all with an extremely high degree of professional capability. Joe, when it comes time for an employee review, please feel free to call me, we have only the highest accolades for DJ, Bobby, and Stephen. In like manner, should Joe Bonnie & Son ever request a reference to a prospect, please, don't ever hesitate to call us. Thanks again.”