Ask Yourself The Following QuestionsMaybe your partner has had to move to another location because of work, or to help and support a family member in another town, if so, it can see you owning more than one home. You may be wondering how you deal with owning more than one home and you’re in the right place. As it stands, the IRS has made it clear that you cannot have two primary residences. So, therefore, you must establish which one will be your primary residence. In order to do this, establish the answers to the following questions:
- Where does the bulk of your mail get delivered to?
- What address is listed on your driver’s license?
- Which home is closer to the place you work?
- What address is listed on your tax returns or other important documentation?
- Where are your car(s) registered?